When we have each other, we have everything.
Ameliaisms this month -
- She can sit up from her tummy and move from sitting to tummy. She will be on her tummy and then use her arm to slowly push herself into a sitting position. She will also rock forward onto her hands and lower herself onto tummy. She did some pretty good face plants initially, but she is now keeping her face from smacking the floor.
- She wants to eat food when we are eating. Previously she was more interested in what we were doing rather than actually eating the food herself. Now it is like there is an expectation that she gets to eat too. She is enjoying egg and avocado. She likes meat...had some pulled pork and fajita beef.
- Nala often lays right next to her and Amelia is learning to roll around her puppy in order to still get to where she wants to be
- Swim lessons at Foss Swim School! She loved it. It was every day for two weeks. We actually saw a lot of progress from learning to close her eyes under water and to close them before getting submerged. She is really comfortable with splashing around now and even launched herself off the side of the pool by the end.
- We are working with her on not taking things from others...as she is very in control of moving herself to what she wants and grabbing :)
- Army crawls to what she wants...but just starting to get her knees up and under her.
- First road / hiking trip: washing bottles in the hotel sink / cleaning up blowouts while keeping her off the ground / learning to nap in the hiking carrier / learning to nap on the go in general / packing up pack n play and sound machine every other night / eating in the car and in the hiking carrier
- Two teeth!
- Still sleeping 12 hours with two naps during the day.
- Doesn't like laying back in stroller anymore...wants to sit up constantly.
Ben, Julie, and Amelia