When we have each other, we have everything.
Ameliaisms this month:
- Lots and lots and lots of sickness this month. 3 ear infections, 2 oral antibiotics and 1 injection antibiotic...led to the decision to have tubes put in Mia's ears. We opted for the Hummingbird procedure at Mayo. The Hummingbird is a new way of doing tubes that doesn't require general anesthetic...but rather a topical anesthetic. We are so glad we went this route! She was not thrilled with the swaddling...but stopped crying 45 seconds after the procedure. Night and day difference from before and after the tubes. She is so happy and energetic again!
- Has fun playing in her ball pit
- Lots of walks with Mia in the sled to get some fresh air
- Prior to the procedure...it was a lot of managing sickness. We had some crazy overnights with getting sick in the crib...cleaning it up...getting sick again from coughing. Go in the bathroom to get cleaned up. Out of jammies and the diaper and had a pee accident on the floor. Into the bath we go...and then an accident that floats in the bathtub! It was a lot to take in at 4:30 in the morning!
- Favorite foods this month included oatmeal, apples, and honey!
- Became very good at taking medicine or syrups of some kind on a spoon. She learned how to go "Ahhh" and open her mouth.
Ben, Julie, and Amelia