When we have each other, we have everything.
Columbia - Spring Break 2016
Wade, Alisha, Ben and I ventured to Columbia for spring break. Leading up to the trip, there were a lot of people that were shocked or scared that we would consider such a "volatile" country. My mom even suggested paying me not to go! When we arrived at the airport, we were divided into two cars to head to the resort. Wade and Alisha had a funny situation with their driver. They were stopped at a security checkpoint for a bridge that crosses a channel. There were armed guards and their driver told them to "get down." Upon seeing their huge eyes and tense faces, he then said "get out." The car and bags were searched, but definitely a perfect example of the language barriers that we faced down there.
After arriving at the resort, however, we quickly realized that there was nothing to worry about. The resort was in the middle of nowhere, but had beautiful beaches and grounds. The resort was impeccably maintained. Here are a few highlights from the trip:
1. Relaxing and napping
2. Great variety of food options
3. Coral walls while diving (not a lot of large sea life, but a ton of coral and small colorful fish)
4. Visiting Cartagena and seeing the Walled City (from the 1500s! and perfectly preserved)
5. Boating to the Rosario Islands
6. Warm weather (high 90s to low 100s the whole trip)
Enjoy the video if you want to see more!
Ben, Julie, and Amelia