When we have each other, we have everything.
Amelia - Month 6
Ameliaisms This Month -
- Double ear infection! Consumed the first half of our month trying to help her feel better. Amoxicillin over the course of 10 days, 3 hour naps on Nana, and early bedtimes were the trick. She was still her sweet self...but I knew she felt better when I started to hear her talking again!
- Tried using syringe to get her to take meds...she would spit up everything! So now we just put it in a nipple from her bottles and she sucks it down and then we put it on a bottle and she gets milk when she is done with the meds!
- First trip to Montana for maintenance trips on the cabins and to Colorado to visit Uncle Dan!
- Graduated from the Magic Merlin sleepsuit to the Zipadee Zip. She is a side sleep through and through. She flips from one side to the other all night long. The Magic Merlin wouldn't let her sleep on her side, so she graduated. The Zipadee Zip is awesome...helps with the startle reflex, but lets her have control of her limbs.
- Measured 14 lbs at her ear infection appt!
- Transitioned to 8 oz bottles halfway through the month
- Loves sucking on her toes and finally discovered her thumb
- She has been sleeping in her room. Mom is still nervous about it (I check the camera a ton), but she seems to be doing well. Most of the time, I put her down...she turns away from me...and she is out!
- Still sleeping 11 - 12 hours. Bedtime is 6:30 (most of the time we barely make it to 6:30!).
- When standing, she has started lifting her foot almost like she is doing a jig. Super cute
- Loves sitting in her highchair and grasping toys
- Can sit up on her own now and she has a newfound world of freedom by picking up toys and dropping them
- Taste tested scrambled egg, kiwi, apple, peanut butter puffs, green beans, and broccoli
- Says "Da Da Da" and "Ga" as in Gammy
Ben, Julie, and Amelia