When we have each other, we have everything.
Amelia 20 Months
Ameliaisms This Month -
- LOVES her unicorn, Luna....Luna goes everwhere with her...even to a different country!
- Started going up and down the stairs without crawling. She is confident and fairly able when going up...down is still a little scary for mom and dad to watch.
- Really into doing things on her own like getting her own breakfast prepared and getting the diaper and wipes for me
- Gets the shoes on her feet by herself...not always on the right foot :)
- Willingly grabs her hat and lifejacket when we get ready to head out on the boat
- Not a big fan of touching the bottom of the lake or sand
- Likes swimming in Auntie Heather and Uncle Ross' pool...still working on getting comfortable in the lake
- Started to seek out riding her bike and willingly puts her helmet on
- Favorite things that occupy her for long periods of time are perfectly placing blankets and then wrapping her "babies" in them and taking her rocks and bracelets in and out of the bag
- Favorite foods are oatmeal (would literally eat for every meal), Cheetos, water, fruit snacks, blueberries, kiwi, sausage
- Prefers wearing crocs or boots
- Traveled to Slovenia for Lolly's 65th birthday! Mia rocked this trip. Truly....she played and slept on the 9+ hour flights. She tried new foods, slept her usual 12 hours at night even though she was in a different bed almost every night. Adjusted to time change well. There were one or two nights where we could tell she was laying in the crib awake at a random time in the morning but she eventually dozed off. She took most of her naps in the backpacking backpack. She enjoyed collecting rocks on the hiking and holding on to them. She was up for all of the activities! I couldn't believe it. I prepared myself mentally that it would be challenging some days having a toddler on a trip where you are on the move and hiking 8+ miles a day. But she seemed to really enjoy being on the move and we loved experiencing it with her!
- LOVES cruising on the boat
- Still a good sleeper and napper (in her Zippity Zip)
- She is having fun making new friends in her toddler room at Montessori...still some tough drop offs but she settles in quickly
Ben, Julie, and Amelia