When we have each other, we have everything.
Amelia 21 Months
Ameliaisms this month:
- Stayed on Gammy and Apa's boat for a whole week while Mom and Dad were away on their 15 year wedding anniversary! She loved wearing her bracelets, putting her "leash" on and going hiking, exploring the boat. She was a great listener and didn't go outside on any of the decks without her lifejacket or an adult.
- Loves taking care of "babies"...creating swaddles, patting their backs, feeding them, cuddling them
- Cheetos White Cheddar Puffs are the GO TO snack these days. She would eat an entire "party size" bag if left to her own vices.
- Have had the sweetest moments with her this month...laying on the floor together, head to head, and rubbing her back...she likes to hold my hand if I put it back there when driving.
- Swinging is a new favorite...usually looks like it will put her to sleep as she is so relaxed in there. Can get her to smile/laugh if you hold onto the swing or push her fast.
- Continues to be a great little traveler by entertaining herself on the plane, taking naps, enjoying snacks
- Totally good jumping and swimming in pools...not so much in the lake yet. Still big and scary.
- Climbing is the activity of the month. She will tackle some big climbs and mom and dad try to be as hand's off as possible while also making sure we don't see too big of an injury.
- Bracelets, purses, and the unicorn go where Amelia goes
- Mia and Nala are like sisters...fighting over toys, but then playing together and kissing the next!
- Starting to repeat a lot more words that mom and dad are saying... my favorite being "thank you" as she is really getting the hang of saying it when she gets something. She really is such a sweetheart. Very kind.
- Likes popping bubbles
- Still a good sleeper with 12ish hours a night and 1 1/2 - 2 hour naps
- Does not like getting her nails trimmed or going up for bath time
- Can put her socks on and her shoes 50/50 go on the right feet :)
- Rubs her eyes with pacifiers to put herself to sleep or when she is just sleepy (last few months has only had them at night)
Ben, Julie, and Amelia