When we have each other, we have everything.
Ameliaisms this month -
- Celebrated her 2 year old birthday with dear family and friends. Donuts were the "cake" this year. She received some unique gifts that have definitely been her favorites...axe throwing game (with velcro :), puddy set, whiteboard for drawing, dress up clothes, and the "Tickle Monster" book.
- Battled case of RSV that lasted about 2 weeks hard core and still has a lingering cough! Thankfully...we didn't end up in the ER!
- First trip to Disneyworld (with Gammy, Apa, uncles, auntie, and cousins) and she LOVED Animal Kingdom. It was really cool to see the magic through her eyes. I even got teary at times! She enjoyed Pirates of the Caribbean ride and waved at all the pirates. Although it was a long day, she liked watching the fireworks and proceeded to crash as soon as we put her in the stroller.
- Language is exploding. So many words and stringing together 3-4 word sentences like "I need a bath."
- Still exploring the toilet training process. Pooped and peed on toilet this month.
- First time on beach actually playing actively in the sand
- Continues to love swimming and graduated to Baby Backfloat 2 for her next round of lessons
- Favorite foods are oatmeal, bananas, and licorice
- Sleeps 12 hours at night and 1 1/2 - 3 hour naps
- Expects more independence when putting on her clothes. Really likes putting her socks on by herself.
- Loves wearing as many bracelets, necklaces, and accessories (purses, backpacks) as possible
- Prefers patterns of any kind on her outfits and loves to mix and match
- Getting braver in climbing her new indoor playground in our basement...trying the ropes!
Ameliaisms This Month -
- Favorite song to sing is the "Itsy Bitsy Spider"
- Loves going in the pool. Would be in there all day if she could.
- Loves her buddy Levi and talks about him all the time
- Points to everything and says "this"...wants to know all the words and constantly repeating
- Big on picking out her own outfits in the morning
- Enjoying her school...every morning is typically just a wave goodbye!
- Bananas were her go to food this month
- Looks through piles of books on her own
- Learning about basketball hoops and the fun things you can send through the net
- First time trick or treating and picked out a unicorn costume
- Walks more than she rides in the stroller
- Enjoys the swings and getting braver with slides that used to be scary
- Likes to sit on the toilet even though not much is going in
- Always wants to take care of her dog by getting her food or giving her too many treats
- Stays at Auntie Ali and Uncle Mike's house and the yoga room is her favorite
- Likes FaceTime with family members
- Rubber boots are her go to shoe behind bright pink crocs (tough decision)
- Bigger emotions are getting expressed when she doesn't like something or want to do something
- Counts to 5 consistently
- Her unicorn Luna is the go to stuffy but her wolf, Wanda, is a close 2nd
Ameliaisms this month -
- SO much talking...too many words to list...but the most common are "Help please", "More cheetos", "Sit" while patting where she wants us to be, "No", "Ball", "Nala", "Video" wanting to watch her videos, "Levi", "Shoes", "More"
- Big on swinging at the park
- Some days wants to dress herself and gets upset if you pick the outfit
- Asks to sit on the toilet A LOT...not much going in the toilet...but will take the interest!
- Moves her stool from the bathroom to her booster at the table to the sink depending on what she is wanting to do on her own
- Loves putting her shoes on but they are the first thing to come off in the car
- LOVES reading before bed and we have had to set limits :)
- Some days we like the bath and other times we don't
- Crossed the finish line with me at my marathon
- Drop offs at school are going so much better now that she is consistently eating breakfast there
- Is an organizer just like her mom...loves moving stuff around until it is just right
- Is a "builder" of legos just like her dad...will stack until we are out of blocks and then will say "more"
- Likes putting her dirty clothes in the wash and will put her clothes away with assistance
- The pink puppy from the fair is right up there next to Mia's unicorn, Luna
- Starting to show a lot of interest in doing dishes in the sink
- Went to her first apple orchard and enjoyed mini donuts, a wagon ride, and a hay ride
- Does not like it when Nala licks her ears...but Mia's ears are Nala's favorite...so you can imagine how that goes
- Still a great sleeper
- Favorite foods continue to be oatmeal, reengaged on bananas, apples, and grapes
- Running more than walking when she is excited
- Every night we talk about "Levi sleeping" and every morning "Levi school" (young love is so sweet)
Ameliaisms this month -
- LOVES climbing...rocks, play equipment, furniture. She is very confident in her abilities :)
- Only wants to go down the stairs without holding onto anything
- Lots of boat travel ... Gammy and Apa's boat and to Lake Powell for a houseboat trip!
- First blueberry picking excursion ... took some time to figure out how to get them into the bucket
- Her first car ... a pink Lamborghini! Ben is so much more intune with what is cool and got her one :) She loves pressing the gas pedal, but doesn't care too much about the steering. Good thing there is a remote!
- Still showing some interest in sitting on the toilet. Really good about telling us she went to the bathroom in her diaper.
- Classic toddler diet this month of mac n cheese, PB&J, and white cheddar cheetos.
- Lots of words and attempts at words
- Gives adorable kisses when I put her in the car to go to school in the morning
- Says "Levi" many times during the day ... she misses her friend when they are not traveling together!
- Is very particular about laying blankets a certain way on the ground in order to wrap her babies
- Does not like getting her nails trimmed, but loves playing with the pieces and the container like it is a puzzle
- Climbs in and out of her booster seat using her stool from the bathroom
- Can buckle herself into her booster
- Said "I love you" for the first time
- Loves to have 3 stuffies, binks, water bottle, and a blanket in bed with her
- Was not a fan of being close to the animals at the fair
- Still sleeping 12ish hours at night and naps vary from 1 1/2 - 3 hours
Ameliaisms this month:
- Stayed on Gammy and Apa's boat for a whole week while Mom and Dad were away on their 15 year wedding anniversary! She loved wearing her bracelets, putting her "leash" on and going hiking, exploring the boat. She was a great listener and didn't go outside on any of the decks without her lifejacket or an adult.
- Loves taking care of "babies"...creating swaddles, patting their backs, feeding them, cuddling them
- Cheetos White Cheddar Puffs are the GO TO snack these days. She would eat an entire "party size" bag if left to her own vices.
- Have had the sweetest moments with her this month...laying on the floor together, head to head, and rubbing her back...she likes to hold my hand if I put it back there when driving.
- Swinging is a new favorite...usually looks like it will put her to sleep as she is so relaxed in there. Can get her to smile/laugh if you hold onto the swing or push her fast.
- Continues to be a great little traveler by entertaining herself on the plane, taking naps, enjoying snacks
- Totally good jumping and swimming in pools...not so much in the lake yet. Still big and scary.
- Climbing is the activity of the month. She will tackle some big climbs and mom and dad try to be as hand's off as possible while also making sure we don't see too big of an injury.
- Bracelets, purses, and the unicorn go where Amelia goes
- Mia and Nala are like sisters...fighting over toys, but then playing together and kissing the next!
- Starting to repeat a lot more words that mom and dad are saying... my favorite being "thank you" as she is really getting the hang of saying it when she gets something. She really is such a sweetheart. Very kind.
- Likes popping bubbles
- Still a good sleeper with 12ish hours a night and 1 1/2 - 2 hour naps
- Does not like getting her nails trimmed or going up for bath time
- Can put her socks on and her shoes 50/50 go on the right feet :)
- Rubs her eyes with pacifiers to put herself to sleep or when she is just sleepy (last few months has only had them at night)
Ameliaisms This Month -
- LOVES her unicorn, Luna....Luna goes everwhere with her...even to a different country!
- Started going up and down the stairs without crawling. She is confident and fairly able when going up...down is still a little scary for mom and dad to watch.
- Really into doing things on her own like getting her own breakfast prepared and getting the diaper and wipes for me
- Gets the shoes on her feet by herself...not always on the right foot :)
- Willingly grabs her hat and lifejacket when we get ready to head out on the boat
- Not a big fan of touching the bottom of the lake or sand
- Likes swimming in Auntie Heather and Uncle Ross' pool...still working on getting comfortable in the lake
- Started to seek out riding her bike and willingly puts her helmet on
- Favorite things that occupy her for long periods of time are perfectly placing blankets and then wrapping her "babies" in them and taking her rocks and bracelets in and out of the bag
- Favorite foods are oatmeal (would literally eat for every meal), Cheetos, water, fruit snacks, blueberries, kiwi, sausage
- Prefers wearing crocs or boots
- Traveled to Slovenia for Lolly's 65th birthday! Mia rocked this trip. Truly....she played and slept on the 9+ hour flights. She tried new foods, slept her usual 12 hours at night even though she was in a different bed almost every night. Adjusted to time change well. There were one or two nights where we could tell she was laying in the crib awake at a random time in the morning but she eventually dozed off. She took most of her naps in the backpacking backpack. She enjoyed collecting rocks on the hiking and holding on to them. She was up for all of the activities! I couldn't believe it. I prepared myself mentally that it would be challenging some days having a toddler on a trip where you are on the move and hiking 8+ miles a day. But she seemed to really enjoy being on the move and we loved experiencing it with her!
- LOVES cruising on the boat
- Still a good sleeper and napper (in her Zippity Zip)
- She is having fun making new friends in her toddler room at Montessori...still some tough drop offs but she settles in quickly
Ben, Mia, and I joined Lolli and Pop on a trip to Slovenia and Venice, Italy. It was truly an amazing trip on so many accounts. Family time, delicious food, hiking with beautiful scenery and views, and watching the trip unfold through Mia's eyes. Each day we hiked, she was game to hop in the backpack. She enjoyed the breaks every few miles, but was right back in for the rest of the adventure. She had her first ice cream. She was a trooper while adjusting to the time change. I had mentally prepared myself for the challenges that may come up with traveling with a toddler, but honestly, Mia was a fun little adventurer to have along! Slovenia is a beautiful country and I would love to make it back some day! We spent a few days in Venice toward the tail end of our trip. Very cool city and I am glad we saw it. Admittedly, it felt a little overwhelming coming from so many days of hiking in nature with very few people. Glad that Lolli wanted her birthday trip to be the adventure that it was! We enjoyed every minute!
Amelia is in full on busy toddler mode! So many things to do when she isn't napping or sleeping!
- Went to Mayo clinic for her Ear Tube check-up...everything looks good and she passed her hearing test. She was adorable waving to everyone in the waiting room and carrying her Carebear. She and mom had a sleepover at a hotel in Rochester to make the morning appointment go a little smoother.
- Enjoys painting at school. Her teachers were impressed that she actually kept the paint on the page and not all over the chair.
- Loves going out in her rain boots...rain or shine really :) Just loves the boots and she can now put them on herself.
- Prefers carrying the chuckit for Nala and then will hand it to us for us to throw the ball.
- Eating most meals with silverware, but will occasionally go off script and dig a handful of food out with her hand
- Reading and carrying books around continues to be a favorite.
- Boating weather brings new lessons to be learned...wearing a lifejacket whenever we are on the dock or the boat, keeping our feet on the seat when looking over the side of the boat, not going to the back of the boat when in motion :) She loves the boat. LOVES running around on the seats and waving to other boaters.
- Dances and bounces to music when it plays
- Not big on the TV viewing, but she does love watching African safari videos on YouTube :)
- Still a great sleeper...12 hours a night, 3 hours of naps during the day
- Has fun feeding/caring for her stuffed animals...mostly Wanda the Wolf or Lucky the Unicorn.
- Accessorizing is this girl's thing...will turn anything into a bracelet
- Says her version of "dad", "mom", "shoes", "boots", "Beanie" (Nala)
- Signs "please", "more", "help", "book", "sleep", "diaper change", "poop"
- Can point to all body parts
- Uses a stool to wash hands and we now have a toilet in the bathroom...only "Lucky the Unicorn" has tried it :)
- We are officially bottle free!!!
- Starting to run more than walk
- Lots of bumps and bruises due to exploring and daring maneuvers :)
The weather turned and that means more time outdoors! Also moving at the end of the month...so lots of packing, but trying to keep her spaces as normal as possible until the end.
- Loves throwing the ball for Nala and giving her unlimited treats...which Nala loves, but we have to manage :)
- Learning that puddles can be fun and that mud on our boots is ok
- Can always be found with a book in hand...she loves sitting and turning the pages and finding the animals
- Went up North to set up the condo and Mia spiked a fever poor thing. First sickness since tubes, but didn't last long
- Gaining more confidence going down slides on her own...even the big ones
- Sleepover at Aunti Ali and Uncle Mike's: Gardened, pulled weeds, played with the crystals, enjoyed Casey's breakfast pizza...even gave signs for "eat" "more" "please"
- Continues to love going to school and play with her friends...she likes putting these fidgets on her feet and walking around in them
- Uses silverware during meals a lot more
- Moved into her new house and doing well with the change!
- Loves White Cheddar Cheetos as a snack...ALWAYS!
- Post tube surgery...different kid! We have had a few minor runny noses still...but hasn't progressed beyond that! So glad we did the tube procedure. She has a follow-up in May to see how everything looks and will have her hearing tested again to make sure that the ear infections and inflamed adenoids were the issue with not passing the hearing test.
- Loves playing with her doll. Wrapping her up or burping her. Benefit of her being with babies at Montessori is that she learns these behaviors :)
- Enjoys playing peek-a-boo
- Excited to go to school each day. She attends a Montessori each day. She has a little friend we will call "G" and they are two peas in a pod. She will tell her teacher that a baby needs milk by signing milk and tapping her teacher's leg.
- Her favorite thing is matching and organizing or helping with tasks at home like laundry
- Other than her doll...the other creature she is commonly found with is her wolf, Wanda
- Picky eating this month...but loves waffles with peanut butter and white cheddar cheetos :)
- Working on weaning from the bottle...she is seeing through all of our tricks!
- Back to sleeping through the night now that we are post sickness! Good for her and for mom/dad.
- Mom and dad went to Fiji for Spring Break. Mia stayed with Lolly and Pop (Ben's parents) at our house. She attended school each day, but enjoyed eating out, going for walks, and visiting friends with her grandparents. Love that she had this special time with just the two of them!
- Loves wearing her big girl shoes...not boots though
- Talking a lot more now that the tubes are in. She makes these little sounds and I have no idea how she makes them or the movements with her tongue
- Not a fan of baths these days
Ben, Julie, and Amelia