When we have each other, we have everything.
Mia, my mom, and I went to Ireland in August. We averaged 7 miles a day over 6 days and walked The Kerry Way of The Ring of Kerry. The scenery was beautiful and my walking companions were even more perfect!
We had so much fun in spite of the day in which we were poured on for 8 miles. Mia rode in an Osprey Poco Plus backpack. Most days we had her in a Tuffo (rain suit) to help keep her dry or warm from the wind. After packing diapers, wipes, clothes, hiking backpack, carseat, travel stroller (BabyZen Yoyo) etc...we were at 4 checked bags and two carry-ons. Hard to travel light with a baby...but I didn't think we did too bad!
We booked through KimKim / Ireland Walk, Hike, Bike. They planned the route, the transportation for pickup/dropoff from hikes, lodging, etc. This was super helpful and definitely the way to go when you are trying to coordinate carseats moving through different means of transportation! I have always planned our trips in the past, but to be honest, it wasn't that expensive to do it this way and I felt that we had a much more efficiently planned trip!
- Boating a lake to get to the start of a hike
- Amelia had scones/tea (cream tea) and black pudding (very English, so my Grandma Alma would be proud)
- Amelia started mimicking animal noises we made on the hike
- She loved passing all the animals on our walks and seeing the animals at the Dublin Zoo
- Navigated 4 flights, 2 trains, 4 trams, 1 bus, multiple taxis with a lot of stuff and a baby
- Changing diapers while Amelia is hanging in the air (on the rainy day and the ground was too wet)
- Everyone's comments / surprise that we were walking on The Kerry Way and that we were traveling with a baby
- Mia's first time at the zoo and at a park
Ben, Julie, and Amelia